RIGHT SO since I love fantasy books for teens, that’s what I got for my November book haul obviously. How do people even decide which books to get? Every time I go to the young adult section of the bookstore I’m all AAH. BOOKS. EVERYWHERE. HOW DID CHOOSE. WOW. AMAZE.
But eventually I narrowed it down to five. Yes, just five! I know, I’m amazing.
In the photo above are the following fantasy books for teens, complete with super logicalTM explanation on why I got them:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – Because of the movie! I cannot watch a movie without reading the book first. How else am I going to act superior and all-knowledgeable inside the cinema, after all? (LOL nah, I’m kidding… maybe.)
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles Book 4) by Marissa Meyer – I have to know how this series ends. I absolutely love all the girls in her books! And her fairytale retellings series is one of the better ones out there. Plus, Snow White is a POC! Cool, huh?
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater – Because The Dream Thieves was just so good. Maggie Stiefvater is one of my favorite authors in terms of beautiful prose, and I really think her writing shines in this series. You can read my review of The Dream Thieves HERE!
- The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 1) by Rick Riordan – Because Norse Mythology is so metal. And because I will read anything Rick Riordan writes, on the basis that the Percy Jackson series is one of my favorite series ever, and because he’s just a great person overall. You can read how the PJO series taught me all about mythology here.
- The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard Book 2) by Rick Riordan – Obviously I need to also buy the second book in the Magnus Chase series, or else I’d suffer and die, probably.
And that’s it! Have you read any of the books I’ve bought, or is there any book in particular that interests you? Which book do you think I should read first? Let me know in the comments!