Hey there, beautiful readers! It’s my first top 10 Tuesday post for this blog and this list is about things that I’m thankful for! Though my culture doesn’t really celebrate Thanksgiving, I believe it’s still great to remind myself about the things that make me happy to be alive and in this world today. And since this is a book blog, I’m going to add to the list some books that I’m really glad I’ve read this year.
Well, that’s enough talking; Let’s get to it!
This year, I’m Thankful For…
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo: Oh man I seriously, seriously love this book. I think it’s one of the best books I’ve read in 2016 so far, and I will not shut up about it lol. Read my full review HERE!
- Final Fantasy Record Keeper: This mobile game is so addicting! My coworkers have been playing this for some time but my brother was the one who finally pushed me into downloading it. I loved the FF series when I was younger so playing the characters from those games again is so nostalgic!
- Life Is Strange: Speaking of games, I just watched a Let’s Play of Life Is Strange by Gloomgames and now want to buy the game myself. Sure, the gameplay might have issues, but the emotional impact of the story sent me reeling. It’s rare that games touch me this much, and Life Is Strange definitely gave me that kind of emotional impact I get when reading memorable books. I won’t forget about the story of Max and Chloe anytime soon, and I think this game’s story really changed me for the better.
- A Monster Calls: Another one of those books that stay with me forever. It’s so magical, heartbreaking, and honest. Like I said in my A Monster Calls review, it’s not a happy book, but it’s a book that everyone must read, because within its pages is a story that must be told.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: I was excited the moment they announced that Eddie Redmayne is playing Newt Scamander. Eddie Redmayne is one of my favorite actors, he’s so talented and dorky! The movie itself was AMAAAZING and I love the characters, especially Newt. The Roaring Twenties is one of my favorite historical timelines and Harry Potter one of my favorite series, so you can imagine that Redmayne + 20’s + Harry Potter is the ultimate match made in heaven for me!
- Singapore Toy, Game, and Comic Convention (STGCC): I went here with some close friends of mine and I loved it! It’s my first time going to a convention and it was so fun to see all the cosplays and to have photos with them. The Wolverine we spotted was particularly impressive; I mean, look at those very real guns!
- Old friends and new friendships: I think my bond with several friends has grown stronger this year, and I’ve met new, wonderful people. I’m the type of person who loves being alone but I’ve made a little bit more effort to connect this year, and it makes me happy that it’s all been for the best!
- Creating a bookstagram account: I discovered bookstagramming this year and found a new hobby! Who knew that taking photos of books could be so fun and addictive? The bookstagram community is also so friendly and active and I couldn’t be happier to be part of it.
- Setting up my Society 6 and Redbubble accounts: I’ve wanted to find ways to make some money while doing something I love, and one of the things I love is art. I don’t have a lot of stuff on my Society 6 and Redbubble yet, but I hope to add more designs in the upcoming months!
- Creating this blog! I was aware of how difficult it is to start a book blog, and I do admit that there are times when the amount of work I’ve put into this doesn’t feel like it’s worth it, but overall I’m still happy I actually started one. Sharing my love of books to the internet and to other readers makes it all worthwhile, and I’m so happy whenever I get a comment or retweet or like on any of my posts. This is one of the most fulfilling things I’ve ever done!
What is Top Ten Tuesday?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme originally from the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday of each week, book bloggers post their respective lists to share with their readers and co-bloggers.
What are you thankful for? Let me know in the comments below!